TOP 20 IMPACT MAKERS AWARDS 2019

Farida Abjani

Top 20 Inspiring Woman Impact Maker Award

For gala ticket information, please visit here

Saturday, January 5, 2019

The Ballroom at Bayou Place

Farida Abjani is the CEO and co-founder of Shining Nightingale, INC, a home health agency that has license to work throughout the state of Texas. Born and raised in Karachi Pakistan, Farida moved to Chicago when she was nineteen years old. She has a bachelor’s degree in nursing and a master’s degree in arts from Grand Canyon University.

Farida made the move from Chicago to Houston in January of 2012. At that time, she was a nurse and wanted to help change lives. She chose Houston because the city is home to some of the best healthcare facilities in the United States. Prior to owning her own business, Farida served as a critical care nurse at the Texas Orthopedic Hospital and the Brookwood Medical Center. While working with people from all walks of life, Farida recognized the need to work with clients at the grassroots level and to focus on preventive care.

A cause that is particularly close to Farida’s heart is that of caring for the emotional needs of chronically and terminally ill patients and their caregivers. Florence Nightingale inspires her, which is why she named her company Shining Nightingale. The home health agency provides care and guidance to geriatric clients in the comfort of their own homes.

As an active member of her community, Farida is intimately involved with several charities and organizations, which cater to the needs of the underserved. From helping advance child education in developing countries to supporting the advancement of young women in Texas, Farida aims to make a difference. Currently, she is on the advisory board for the Department of Aging and Disability, the governing board of Houston Symphony, the governing board of UNICEF South West Region, the Houston Symphony League, the board of directors of The Alliance, and the governing board of KNOWAutism. Farida also volunteers her time with Asian American Family Services and the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services respite advisory committee.

She has also sat, and continues to sit, on the boards of Alliance, Development in Literacy (DIL), Ek Disha, Texas Executive Women, Fort Bend Women’s Center, and Houston Symphony League. As well, Farida has been an ambassador for KNOWAutism and a conversationalist for the University of Houston’s Table Talk.

Honors Farida has received include: being named one of the 30 Most Influential Women of Houston in 2016; being named IT Girl 2016 and one of the Women Who Run Houston by the Houston Chronicle, which recognizes women for their successful careers as well as for their philanthropic efforts; receiving the Friends of Charities Award by the Indian American Charity Foundation in 2016; and being named one of the 50 Most Influential Women in Houston by Houston Woman Magazine in 2017.

Farida will be honored by the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce (GHWCC) at its Women in the Fast Lane of STEAM luncheon in September of this year. She will also receive the honor of being named one of the 2019 Women of Distinction by ABC13 and the Chron’s & Colitis Foundation in January of 2019.

Farida has chaired and cochaired galas for numerous organizations, including Daya, Houston Symphony Ball Auction, Ek Disha, Development in Literacy, and World Chamber of Commerce. She is currently the membership chair for Houston Symphony League and will be cochairing The Alliance gala in October of 2018.

Farida Abjani has given, and continues to give, generously of her time, compassion, and expertise to the City of Houston since making it her home. Her father taught her that she could only keep 75 percent of her pocket money because the remaining 25 percent had to be given to a charity of her choice. That bit of wisdom has stayed with Farida guiding her throughout her life to think of others and help as much as she can.

It is for all the reasons mentioned above, and many more, that Farida Abjani has been named a Top 20 Inspiring Woman Impact Maker for 2019.

Home            Video          Gallery          Awards          Where to Find Us          Magazine      CKW Publishing 

HOUSTON'S CKW LUXE MAGAZINE 

CKW PUBLISHING

CKW LUXE is a philanthropic Houston magazine whose initials are not only those of the publisher, but also stand for Caring, Kindness, and Wisdom, qualities the magazine believes in and emulates in its content.

© 2019 CKW LUXE, CKW COLLECTION, INC.