The KnowAutism Foundation is a nonprofit organization formed to heighten autism awareness and increase accessibility to early diagnostic testing and therapy, particularly for income-constrained households. We work closely with families and schools to provide education and support for children living on the spectrum.
We believe every child has a voice, and we hope through our programs every child can find theirs.
Approximately 1 in 44 children in the United States is diagnosed with an
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
There is no cure for ASD, but early diagnosis and consistent therapeutic intervention is essential to improving the long-term outcomes for children with autism. The average ASD diagnostic evaluation may cost $2,200. Parents often must set aside 10 to 20 hours for therapy at a cost of $1,200 to $2,400 each week. Families facing a diagnosis also experience income loss as mothers of children with autism, often taking on the role of advocate and case manager, earn 56 percent less than mothers of children with no health limitations.
KNOWAutism Foundation strives to create a community for families affected by ASD. Since 2013, KNOWAutism has raised funding to support an array of programming services for our families, including, but not limited to:
1) Access to behavioral health care and therapies through financial assistance programs
2) Diagnostic assistance – subsidies for the cost of diagnostic testing
3) Tuition Assistance Program - offers grants for special needs schools or programs
4) Annual As I Am Art Festival focused on celebrating the talent and artistry of Children with ASD
5) Partnerships with the Houston Ballet and Theater Under the Stars (TUTS)
Our vision is to foster a supportive community in which all people on the spectrum can reach their full potential.
KnowAutism Foundation 6430 Richmond Ave., Suite 410, Houston, TX 77057
Office: 832.834.6437 www.know-autism.org